CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

~ Mesmerised ~


Ever heard of the The Prima Vista Quartet? They hail all the way from the land of Poland. And these talented musicians flew all the way to M'sia to enchant their audience with their brilliant classical tunes.

So here they are... "The Prima Vista Quartet of Poland"


You can follow up more on this from Dennis Chua.


I was privileged to be a part of the musical experience where they performed at one of the local universities here last night. Good thing the venue was not too far from where I'm presently living at.

First, we were rendered with some jazz tunes performed by local and foreign musicians of the university itself - two guitarists, a violinist, a saxophonist, a keyboardist, and the drummer. At one point, they played a tune of the well-known ethnic Kadazan-Dusun song, "Pak Pak Kang Ku Doh". I knew it was some tune I was familiar with but it didn't quite hit me until my cousin mentioned about it later that night.

Ah well... I haven't quite acquired the ear for that jazzy version of notes just yet.

Yup, so that jazzical intro pretty much buffed up the event for the evening ;)

Well, well, let's not forget the main performers here. They were an awesome group. And I was brought into my own different imaginary identities and scenes as I immersed myself into the string repertoire.

A peep of what was playing in my head:



No, I don't ballet in real life.

The best thing about this whole event was that admission was free!! I'm talking free tickets, people. I can so totally live with that.

Also, I was able to meet up with a good friend of mine =D

Bottom line... yesterday's happenings were all pleasant. I like!


2 left footprints:

Hobbit Wife said...

Wah...syoknya...I envy! :)

Lorena said...

Hehehe =)