CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shhh...


I've got a secret to tell...

But before that...

I wanna blurt out that...

I've updated my Messenger!

Yahoo la hoo!

I like the new fresh look of it!

Take a look if you haven't already downloaded this version.

Actually you have no option. Heh. You still have to look to know what's the secret I'm about to spill.


Shot pertama (1st shot)


Shot seterusnya (The following shot)



MSN is welcoming me back! Can see or not the "Welcome Back!"? Awwww..... like totalness. -.-

No "shot ketiga" or "shot terakhir". The second one was just for emphasis on the look of it.

Advertising purposes, people.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So you still with me? If so, thank you for your utmost patience.

Here goes:

I've decided to pretend to like my job. I made that decision yesterday. I somehow have this silly theory that if I continue to pretend, pretend, (and yet again.. pretend even more), I might actually end up liking my job. I'll put this 'live mask' to the test.

Say..

I - I like waking up at a fixed time to go to work.

II - I like the fact that my office desk is right below the AC. Or the fact that I get the direct cool blow of it on my body. It'll make me shiver more on colder days (rainy days.. I'm so in Asian region). Don't believe point II.

III - I like my teaching schedule. The load is perfect.

IV - I like all my students. I mean all.

V- I like my afternoons at the school. It's a great way to spend my time off.

VI - I like to do lesson plans. Doing them makes me more creative.

VII - I like the fact that there will be lesser days off work this year.

VIII - I like marking students' work. Very fulfilling and entertaining.

IX - I like to think about my tomorrows at class. The events that come up are just fat with surprises.

X - Throw me anything you want me to do, my fellow colleagues. Chapel talks, emceeing.. anything at all. I like talking before a number of people. More the better. I like my job.


There.. 10 points for the 5 fingers on each hand.

Did you actually buy that? Everything I had just laid out?


Gawd.. spare me.


Now it's not a secret anymore. If you think that wasn't much of a secret, well, you think I'd actually tell you one where you can blackmail me and all that evil stuff? HUH?


About what I just said.. don't take it seriously. I'm not mad at anyone. Not even at myself.

Just that.. today is just so today.


5 left footprints:

Jules said...

I believe everything you just said. Every. single. word. Nyahahahahaha! :P

Lorena said...

Yikes! Alamaks.. now you can so totally read me =P

Unknown said...

Hmmm... how bout this:
Instead of pretending all that stuff, which is really tiring if u ask me..., just find ONE thing that you can possibly kinda like about your job.
Focus on that one thing, and let it leak into other aspects of your job.

AND/OR:

Find ONE thing ur unhappy with in ur job, and take the opposite stance - ask God to help u see what can be great about that one thing - the use of it, or the positiveness, or the impact, etc.
Wait patiently for that "aha" moment and when it comes, cling on to it for all u have got - write your epiphany down, blog it, tell your friends and family, dwell on it like crazy till you realize - this is IT - the one pivotal thing that will change ur entire perspective on ur job.

Just give it a try ok? ;)


If all else fails, next year (2010), plan on a career change.
HA!

Lorena said...

Thanks Shizz! Yeah, I know it will be tiring with all the pretending.. after all you're forcing yourself to feel different from what you really feel about something..and for my case..my job. I'll give it a try ;)

And.. ha! Career change..why not, right?

Unknown said...

Of course! In the modern day context, there's really no such thing as a fixed career for the ret of ur life leh!

Explore and enjoy the exploration!