CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Extra 9


Pebbles, my pet mouse, was fat and pregnant. That was until somewhere in the morning or afternoon of yesterday - I do not know when exactly. Now it's back to its normal size. It's a busy mama-mouse now nursing its baby-mice (or 'pups' according to Wikipedia.. this I did not know until right about now).


Damn. Wish I had the chance of witnessing all that giving-birth process. I got home yesterday afternoon, went to have a look at my mice (I have 2 actually - the other one's named Checkers), and noticed that the tummy of the now mother Pebbles wasn't as big as before.

I was a little worried at first because I wasn't able to spot the baby-mice. I looked in its little 'house' but nada.. nothing. And then to my great relief, I spotted it below on the base of the cage all covered with a piece of cloth that I had originally placed in the little 'house'. Smart mouse. It had dragged it all the way down to cover its babies. Aww..... I am touched by its motherly-mouse instincts. Ok, I don't wanna get all touchy with my feelings here. Geez, it's just a mouse.

So now, I suddenly have from 2 to 11 mice. My life is transformed! Duh. I'll have to dig my pockets to get an extra cage.

Sabar ya mice-mice sekalian (patience my dearly mice).

My parents unexpectedly dropped by that afternoon. They were utterly disgusted with my mini pets. How could they?! You buy me one of them cute expensive puppies from Gaya Street lah.

* Gaya Street market - an open market at Kota Kinabalu that runs every Sunday mornings.

All the baby-mice are well and alive for now. Now you little baby-mice grow quick so I have more mice to play with. Also, I shall keep track of your life span. Tick-a-tock.

Will post some pics sometime later. Maybe.


Titik nokta [.]


6 left footprints:

daronloo said...

TINA U MUST SHOW ME YOUR MICE!! hahahahahahahaha..i'll bring my cat over and they can bond.

Lorena said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! YES, DARON!! I am positive that they will all bond terribly well.

Deanna Beryl said...

mice?!?!?!?!??!!

Bella Sofilia said...

bring ur mice to my house so i dont need to feed my cats anymore :P

Lorena said...

Eheheheh.. yes, Dee =P I never planned on getting that as a pet/pets though. Anyway, got it for free from one of Julie's students. Now.. that student of hers has 40 of them.

Lorena said...

Ok Sondang! I'll breed more of them mices to be air-mailed to you =P