CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is So The Blah--ness


The job that I'm doing makes me feel like a piece of rag on the floor. Like dirt to be exact.

Another thing I'll blurt out to y'all.. I think I'm getting cross-eyed (from all the excess thinking).

All of that noise. All of that chitter-chatter. Heck, I don't even care whether that expression exists or not. All of that reminding. All of those please--s.

Wanna break down in front of the class? Nah. Not a good idea. But I did. I crumbled inside. With disappointment. Plus anger.

I don't think I can ever be good at what I'm doing.

I don't have the patience.

And the wisdom to deal with challenges that test my patience.

I wanna quit.

4 left footprints:

Deanna Beryl said...

I wish I could say that as long we work hard, everything will fall into places. Everything will be alright, as long we do the best we can.

There is some truth in it - to a certain extent. Because we are working in an organization that employs people of different attitudes, personalities and expectations, conflicts (unfortunately) are bound to happen. In teaching, imagine dealing with students of different personality-make up is already an existing day-to-day challenge.

I am amazed of those who are in the teaching field. How do they do it? How do you do it?

There is a quote by my favorite wedding photographer Jasmine Star that strike a chord in me: "Get Uncomfortable! Step out from what makes you feel good because in doing so, you'll grow".

There's another quote given by a dear friend: "Challenges are opportunities for me to grow. The more I learn, the more equipped I am to handle whatever situations that come up."

Maybe they should have mentioned that in the process of learning, we will also come across discomfort, anger, hurt. But also, enlightenment and knowledge.

But boy do I resonate about quitting.

*hugs*

jc said...

Oh shucks...the wrong teaching jobs can suck the soul out of you.

daronloo said...

Don't quit!! They need you!! sayang ja semua tu baju kau beli utk kau punya work place.... eheheh joking...don't worry bah tina...yeah there will be many times apabila hati kita ada second thoughts... tapi yakin saja!!!

Lorena said...

Thanks, Deanna. It's true, we can't always put ourselves in the "comfortable" space when it comes to work or in different areas in life for that matter. As true as it is, things just seem so unfair sometimes.

*hugs*

Thanks, Julie. Yes, it can definitely suck the soul out of us (and we NEED that soul else we'll be so hollow on the inside).

Thanks, Daron. LOL! I think I'll get rid of all those baju if I really decide to quit. All that can be replaced. But the "cells of my body" cannot be replaced when anger/disappointment/etc sets in. Ok, I'll put in the effort to be yakin.