CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yo...


Slamat tengahari M'sia!

I have a lot of work to be done but little seems to be accomplished. Not good..nope..not at all. Ha! I'm thinkin' of chicken butt now - there's a reason for it and not just any reason. Short story goes...

One of them asked me, saying this, "Teacher..apa English 'buntut ayam'?" [What is 'buntut ayam' in English?] He continued, and gave an answer to his own inquiry while smiling, "Chicken butt?" That question completely shattered my professional composure - I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Some others caught what he said and joined in all the glee. I was saying, "Can't you think of anything else..like chicken wings or chicken breasts? Why of all things...?" 

On another account, while I was busy marking their day's assignment amid all the noise, a familiar smell came greeting my senses (someone was secretly eating in class but unfortunately had failed to contain the smell). I'd say it was somewhere between the smell of a fried nugget and hot dog. I went for nugget but the others said it was hot dog. I decided to skip the scolding remarks and instead went sniffing about like a mad person..then questioned, "What..you didn't share me some?!"

I guess at this point, it's quite obvious who 'them' refers to. Also, 'their' and 'others'. Next time, I'll address 'them' more appropriately. You know..they're humans too. Donks!

Gosh..sometimes I think (actually very often) that I am better being friends with them than being what I actually am to them in the first place.

Speaking of friends, I just realized that my quote catch today reads, "It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter." Marlene Dietrich ~

Nice. (=

0 left footprints: