CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Monochromic Affairs etc


I will not forgive myself for having landed my eyes on a particular framed picture that I spotted yesterday late afternoon at a home deco shop. At this moment, the image of it still lingers beguilingly in my mind. Damn me.

I wish I was not tempted to feed my curious desires before I left that floor. Why did I choose to go over that box of pictures? One of these days, I think curiosity will kill me. Ok, no, I don't want that to happen.Let the cat be killed by that.

The thing that's torturing me is the fact that I couldn't buy it cause I simply didn't have enough cash. I could only afford to console myself that I could get it another time.

Sooo... since that picture is still on my mind (obviously), I did my usual web browsing in hopes to tame the dissatisfaction.

I came up with this:

Nigella #1 by Mike Finley

You might want to go for a monochromic touch for those of you who are aspiring photograhpers. If you read the opening paragraph on Finley's page, a line of words goes, "...monochrome concentrates the mind on form rather than colour, and so emphasises the elegance of form." I just can't agree more.

By the way, the picture that I wanted had monochromic elements - a major part of it, in fact. And right there, which I can't exactly show you where, there was this twist that gave such contrast to the entire theme of the picture. Now that, fellow reader, was the beauty of it.

Here are the etc's:

Floral Column I by Bill Mcconnell


Into the Mystic I by Chris Donovan


Magnolia Branch by Fernando Leal


I think I'd like to have this look of pattern for my quilt if I had one.

Modular II by Michael Marcon

Know what? I think if I had my own place to live in, and you happen to drop by, you'd see a whole lot of these type of artframes sticking around the walls. Yeah, like I'll have a showcase of them. You'll see so much of them that you'll be sick of the sight and feel like secretly coming back in the middle of the night (how dare you!) to tear them off my walls.

That, I remind, is just one heck of an imagination. I'm suffering here, ok.

When will I ever land my feet there again? Plus, the cash of course.

Little song plays in the background...
"All I want for X'mas is this (the picture.. that was what this post was all about), and ma.....ny..... more!"

6 left footprints:

Lerie said...

Haha LOL! Loving your imagination!! =P

Lorena said...

Hey Ler~!!!

Thanks for hopping in the imaginary ride =D

Deanna Beryl said...

i love the white tulip touch! :)

Lorena said...

yup, the flower among the flowers =P

Hobbit Wife said...

I have to agree with Dee. Love the tulip touch! :)

Lorena said...

Hey Aims!

Maybe you and Dee should both get something with that tulip touch..hehe =)