CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Here I Was


Long time ago in Bethlehem..... so the blogger tale begins.....

I, Lorena, went to this place and learned something I never knew before.


Do take note that the pictures displayed here are not in any particular order. I like randomness.



No one is allowed to set foot on the grass. You will know what I mean in a short while. So, being the 'good citizen' that I am (out of fear, I suppose), I obliged and therefore, the incomplete view of the flag and everything else which pretty much spoiled the whole picture.





The small white area there amidst all that well-trimmed grass, is suppose to resemble the continent of Australia. I don't have the true eye of a photographer, so please forgive the short-sightedness of the photo captures.



Now that below is literally translated as, "Help don't step me later I die". Compare the rendered language and the painted words below: 7 and 7. Ok.

Extra note: This explains why most of the times, we M'sians speak in a nature that is so "directly translated". I love that fact some of the times and despise it greatly for moments that trigger it.



Here goes a blurry shot. Proud of it, I am. No need to feel "shame one".



I have no idea why I had to take this shot at such a distance. Them flags are almost forgotten. Just a mere background. Unintentionally.



This passage of white pillars and untamed vines leads to the last partition/division of this place, which obviously of course, I failed to capture. All in all, there are 4 different partitions/divisions, each holding a unique tale and scene of their own.




Love these flowers. So people, give me these, not red or white or pink roses. Any more colors that I forgot to include??



Beautifully crafted words both in look and meaning.





Three different flags hail proudly against the blow of the wind - Sabah, my home state, the flag of the UK, and Malaysia, the name that represents her 13 states.



And this.. a golden hope, kept and treasured in a chest of dreams.




Now.. the greatest mistake that I made was.. I didn't take a picture of the main entrance to this place. That.. I forgot whether I deliberately chose not to or whether it simply slipped my mind.

Anyhow, you can look up more on this on the links below if you're tingling to soak yourself with more info of this memorial site ;)

Kundasang War Memorial | Life In Borneo

The pictures here are far better than the ones I took and the descriptions given here gives you a better picture of the place.

YouTube - Kundasang War Memorial, Sabah


If patience is not a problem, then take a peek from UTube~


Like, GOSH. I can't believe that I actually took an hour plus to do this post.


2 left footprints:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to us! :) always happy to promote Sabah and the interesting places here. Cheers!

Lorena said...

Hey Zie! It's a thrill to have you drop by. Chanced upon your blog when I wanted to look up more info regarding the place. Ah.. yes, of course.. the promoting. Keep it up! Cheers!~