CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

This Vs That


So, which writing system are you for - American or British spelling?

Mine's mixed 'cause I've had the influence of the usage of both languages during my school days (I'm talking kindergarten right through college). I'll tell you which spelling I prefer for the two words that I shall reveal: Am. for the word "color" and Br. for the word "neighbour".

If you, my reader, happen to be a high school kid studying in M'sia, be sure to use the British spelling. Refer back to the country's history, I'd say. I'm not sure though how it goes in those luxurious
private schools. Well... I dare claim that as of this date, none of my readers here are below the age of 18 so take no heed of what I just typed in. Aaahhh... 18. Don't you realize how much they use that number for this and that? "Parental control" and such.

I'm in my twenties and mom and dad still poke their nose around. Especially mom. Hmm... parents are parents for as long as they're around and have the mind and attitude of one.

The lady in her twenties has got to go for now.

'til then ~

3 left footprints:

daronloo said...

hi tina!! it's so nice to see you writing again.. not that you haven't been writing...but u know what i mean...hahahaha creak creak creak!!! :D

i prefer the american spelling system
go USA

Sendy Monarrez said...

hey! so funny but I would use the same examples when it comes to UK and USA english lol.. I usually write neighbour but color hehe
in general, I'm more used to the american spelling though, and I'm even teaching with amercian English hehe
I still prefer the british accent hehe gotta love it!

have a good day ;)

Lorena said...

daron: hi daron!! nice to see you pop by.. no creak creak creak bah.. ehehehehe

yeah, american spelling.. lebih cepat =D

sendy: lol! what a coincidence.. oh yup, it's gotta be the british accent.. it's just got more 'accent' to it.. hehe

thanks sendy! ;)