CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

'Come go eat and talk'


Gosh! I still feel so stuffed inside. Had an early lunch about one and a half hour ago. Shouldn't have snuck out at that time but I made myself a good reason to after having done the necessary arrangements - old friend came to pay a visit mah. So, three we were, who went out for a meal together and sat for some chit-chat over the table. Let me recall the orders: 

  • Ham choi fish head soup (with milk) 
  • Loh han guo drink... please tell me I got that order correct

Do take note that when you order the same thing as the other person sitting next to you,  it saves you from much elaborate thinking. Ha!

A little much later at a different venue... ice lemon tea, ice-blended yam, ice-blended chocolate (one for each to savor).

All with the same profession, but perhaps with different set of goals in mind and drive of motivation to keep moving. Talked about work (high school's a little bit of the past you see).. then.. ehem.. back to high school days (a bit - haha!).. news of an ex-classmate tying the knot pretty soon (had a hard time figuring out the name though so that part of the sharing moment didn't go far).. pondering life at present (only on the surface - didn't want to get all detailed about that).. bla there.. bla here.. and what do you know? Ended up with some health talk. No.. that's nothing to laugh about. 

Anyway...

It was good company. A little too much with the calorie intake though. Oh well. Good news on my part: I gained some weight! However, a friend who came over to my place just last night, didn't think so (said that I still looked the same).  Oh, c'mon lah. Ex-classmate today said, "You still so kurus." [I refuse to translate the last word.]

Baik lah, baik lah... [okay, okay]

Got bored with my story? Enough with it. I was going to end it sooner or later. 


My light breakfast this morning. It wasn't intended - I wanted to make it to my working table before 7am. Proudly, I did.. at the expense of my poor tummy.


Now, if you notice, sometimes there's these kind words of instruction on the wrappers  with an arrow symbol which goes, "Tear here." I paid no attention to them and opened my way to the biscuits inside my own way.


My abandoned heels that were left resting in peace somewhere in one of the compartments of my working table for more than 10 months. Hello you... I decided to  wear them on since I brought and left my other pair of heels back at my place. A little dusty with a cobweb to it. Doesn't matter. I'll throw you away one day.  Oh how dear sweet of me... 

Speaking of footwear, I came across this: 


WHOA!! 
That's about it. I won't comment any further on it. 
I've been talking too much today. 
And I don't ask to be forgiven for that.
Enough said.

2 left footprints:

jc said...

Hi,
I drop by your blog on occasion. I'm always the visitor from Orlando. :) Funny thing, when I was at GC I thought I heard people ending their sentences with bah and was tempted to ask where they were from, but felt too shy. I miss end-of-sentence-words:la, bah, na, ka.

Julie

Lorena said...

Hey!

Thanks for dropping by. Now I'm not clueless as to who's the visitor from Orlando. ;) About the GC, you should have asked. I think those group of people wouldn't have mind if you had popped the question to them. Hehe..just an honest thought.

Take care there.