CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Sabbath's Coming! ;)

Weather this morning isn't as bright and sunny as yesterday but I don't have to be so gloomy like the sky outside - the birds are still singing anyway. I'm happy to think of tomorrow. I miss the Sabbath. It's just a few more hours to go, but somehow I already miss it for some  odd reason. 

Let's sidetrack for a moment and I'll begin it with an image I took two days ago. 


I'll tell you how this book got into my hands. 

When you're going to meet up with someone, say in a shopping mall and that person will only be showing up in about half an hour's time, and you have no one familiar to share silly stories with but yourself, head to a bookstore - saves you from the myriads of junk food sold around that temporarily satisfies any present cravings. Trust me, you won't look stupid going from shelf to shelf examining the entire row of books and opening one or two of them to get a glimpse of the contents. 

Enough with the prologue. That book you see there was pretty much the first book that I set my eyes on when I entered into that bookstore. It was like chemistry had brought us together. Ahem..that sounds a little too cliché, but anyway, I think we do need it sometimes to complete our thoughts. Hehe. As you see the book comes with quite a size that it got me thinking it's gotta be priced somewhere between RM60 - RM70. I was wrong and I'm glad I was because it made me say this in mind, "Aha!". You might have guessed already that I am now the proud owner of it, bought at RM19.80. I claimed my privileges for owning a membership card, thus a discount for my purchases of the day (I bought an extra item - sellotape).  

Jodi Picoult. I've read a few two of her other books before but I haven't gotten myself to buying a personal copy of my own. If you don't have anything against fictional books you might want to try reading one of her books. "My Sister's Keeper" got me to tears..I find it better in my imagination than the animated version of it (the movie I mean). 

"Change Of Heart". The title captured my heart instantly. Do I personally want to have a change of that in me? Yeah, definitely, if that's gonna make me a better person in the present and the future. 

Hmm..can I have a month off from work just to indulge myself in books and still get my salary coming in my bank account? I'm a slow reader that's why. I'm pretty slow in doing almost everything (except when it comes to driving - which makes me a bad driver).

~ ~ ~
Sabbath's coming real soon! Oh dear Lord, help me to prepare my heart for your coming Sabbath day.

Smile for Jesus!

0 left footprints: