CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May's Greetings


Guess what? A smile is sketched across the features of my face right now. You'll find out why if you read on. :)

On the afternoon of yesterday, at around this same time, the sun was hidden by clouds that poured out rain...yeah it pretty much rained the whole afternoon yesterday. Total mood killer, I'd say. I slept through the afternoon like a pig (what a pathetic way to picture myself in sleeping mode). Anyway, what really gets me smiling is the change of weather today...this very day. Earlier this morning, I felt that all hope was gone when I saw no promising light to a bright sunshine any time today. So I breathed out a prayer as I mounted the stairs somewhere on this school compound (well more like a conversation to God) which went something like this, "If there's no sunshine today, well at least let it not rain until night time." 

God proved He could do much more than that silent prayer I breathed out. Sometime ago, but not too very long ago (somewhere in March), I heard this particular line of words from a much revered pastor who gave this talk for chapel. I wish I was in the chapel gathering area right from the beginning of his talk. His exact words were, "Tuhan mampu lakukan lebih daripada doa-doa kita". Translated version of that would go, "God can do much more than our prayers." They were just the words I needed to hear at that very moment when my ears had finally tuned in. 

Outside the window, the sun is shining bright and the birds are singing to their own tune of praise. It's enough to make me happy for now. So, thank you, Lord...thank you so very much.

Hehe. Here's the sunshine I was talking about.


I didn't mind the fact that two senior students saw me capturing this scene which I believed to them seemed like there was not a single speck of significance about it. You have no idea how I feel at this very moment. I guess only I will know the story. Or maybe, just one other person. ;)

By the way, here's the continuation of the Serenity Prayer from my previous post. 

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He would make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

~Reinhold Niebuhr~ 


I hope so much that this day of next year would be so much different...in a good way of course.

May tonight's rest be filled with inner joy that only God can give. :)

0 left footprints: